Blog Archive

Find Me on Facebook

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Seasons and reasons


Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9

This week is once again, coming to the acceptance of God's will for me to work through a difficult season at the moment.  Accepting, with faith, hope and patience, that right now He asks me to walk a path that feels lonely, rough and unclear - the only promise absolute that He makes to me is my salvation in His son, and His love for me.


I've lost someone very dear to me...whether forever, or for a while, I don't know.

I've lost 50% of my children's remaining childhood - experiences, choices, guidance, cuddles, games, growing pains.

I'm facing a life changing diagnosis for one of my sons, that will put him down a path that just makes my already battered heart feel more broken.

Still, I will wake each day and praise my Savior, my Lord and my King.  With patience, faith, love and hope, I will...

...continue on a path of love, acceptance and understanding, even as I don't know if ever it will be returned.

...rejoice in the gains for my sons in their father's decision to play a much bigger part in their life.

...pursue with determination further knowledge and options to help my son as he struggles to make sense of a world his brain is not wired to understand.

I thank my Father in Heaven that as others turn away and hide when I stumble, there He is waiting to lift me up.

I thank my Father in Heaven that we are all capable of so much, much more than our own hearts and minds can even imagine, with the Holy Spirit as our helper.  

I thank my Father in Heaven, that His plans for me are good, are for abundant and fulfilling life...and that no matter what obstacles are thrown into the path of His plans, He will triumph in the end.

The reasons He asks these things are not mine to know.  That He asks, is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment