Blog Archive

Find Me on Facebook

Friday, January 20, 2012

366 Things...Day 1

I'm ON THE WAGON.  I grant you, I'm on the wagon 20 days late.  But...I boarded it, OK?  A lot of people I know on social networking sites (and, probably, the way these things go viral, a fair few of your contacts too) started 2012 pledging to post one thing every day that they are thankful for.  I missed the boat a wee bit, but that's not going to stop me from pledging a moment of daily gratitude for the next year...I'll just finish a bit late too!

Why 366?  Because this year is a leap year, there are 366 days this calendar year.

So...today, I'm thankful for my beautiful sons.  The geeklings have taught me more about myself and about life, than I ever could I have dreamed when I first fell pregnant almost seven years ago.

They've taught me how to be courageous even when I least feel like it.  They've taught me the immense value of the smallest gestures - a kiss, a cuddle, "I love you" and "I'm sorry".  They've taught me how to love unconditionally and without limits.

Being a parent might be one of the hardest jobs, but it's also one of the most rewarding.  I'm thankful today that I'm their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment